debbie millman

Friday, July 25, 2008

Despite The Bad Reviews

Geekdom 101
Me at the X-Files Convention at Jacob Javits Center, 1998

So. The reviews are in, and other than Roger Ebert's, they are pretty rotten. My devastation is mounting, but I still plan on seeing the film this weekend. I have been asked how it is possible that I haven't seen it yet, and it is only because I am now nearly 47 years old and if I went to a midnight show, I would STILL be in bed. And frankly, I had to come to work today.

I have been told by several good sources to stay until after the credits for some juice, and I shall. I also believe that as a "fervent loyalist," I will still enjoy the journey back into the dark and sexy world of S & M. But for all my readers, I offer you a bit of corn on this blustery Friday afternoon: a photo of moi in 1998 at the X-Files Convention at Jacob Javits Center. Yes, that is Mulder's office, but no, I wasn't really in it--I posed on a blue screen and was photo-montaged in. This was roundabout the same time I collected every magazine with S & M on the cover (I later sold the entire collection on eBay for $63) and ordered pre-released videos of the back seasons from a bootlegger in Israel. Go figure.

Happy Weekend, all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ian Koviak said...

that's classic. Very very cheesy.

On a side note, I like your impassioned paintings... They would make great series of book covers.

7/25/2008 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Shalimar said...

Oh my pants! This is farkin amazing! HA. Lucky. This is about the time where my obsession began.

7/25/2008 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger minus five said...

dang. that doesn't even look like you!

i can understand doing all of that for 90210, but not x-files. i think i'm the old kid in the country who didn't like that show. is that a deal breaker?

7/26/2008 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger minus five said...

"old" actually equals, "only," in case you were wondering.

7/26/2008 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The pencils stuck in the ceiling are a nice detail. :)

7/28/2008 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist