debbie millman

Friday, November 23, 2007

Alive and Well and Living in Serburbia

Serburbia

We finally made it to Serbia and it has been grand. The Publikum Project launch went off without a hitch and was received with great fanfare.

Aside from the amazing hospitality and incredible generosity of these wonderful people, I am bewildered by some of the things I am seeing. To wit: bombed out buildings standing frozen in time (think Oklahoma City-type photographs) sitting next to a modern apartment complex and a shopping center. I asked Nada what she thought of this and she replied, "we have been living like this for so long, you forget that this is even part of our daily landscape."

Indeed. I will post a picture tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist