debbie millman

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Tag, I'm it: Five Things

five things

The lovely and fascinating Swiss Miss tagged me for "Five things you probably don’t know about me," so here goes:

1) I can write mirror backwards. Perfectly. I discovered this when I was about 10 or 11 years old when I got in trouble and had to write 500 times why I wouldn't do what I got in trouble for ever again (ha) and got bored writing in columns. Since then I have mastered the art of writing mirror backwards in script and in the last months have begun to perfect writing mirror backwards with my left hand (I am a lefty) and frontward with my right hand...AT THE SAME TIME. Evidence henceforth, and no comments about how to use my time more efficiently, please:

greetings

both ways

2) I have a weird and unexplainable obsession with hair barrettes. I even stole one from my childhood girlfriend because I liked the color and couldn't find one to buy. For those that are hearing about this for the first time, you can read more about it here.

barrettes

3) Back in the eighties, when I was a wee young pup, I worked for four extraordinary women: Gloria Steinem, Bella Abzug, Mim Kelber and Karin Lippert (who introduced me to all of these incredible people). So now you understand why I get so upset when I read posts like this.

gloria

4) Despite my enlightened education from the four women listed above, I happen to have a deep affection with all things circa 1968-1972, especially products made by Mattel, specifically (said in a hushed, slightly embarassed whisper)...dolls. I have a fairly large collection of these, which I love very much:

kiddles

5) Miss Minus might have just got one, but I have had one for years:

clap on

TAG! You're it:

Minus Five
Life of a Harpy
The Stone's Colossal Dream
Mary Pages
Kick Me-Jennifer

Happy New Year!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm happy you tagged me! I'll put some thought into this and come up with something fabulous! Per your request, here's my e-mail address: jenni11@uga.edu Make sure you type it in as jenni eleven, jenni with two ones. Can't wait to get e-mail from you! Also, don't post this message to your fabulous blog!

12/28/2006 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Tania Rochelle said...

I don't know about the rest of those slackers, but when Debbie Millman tags me, I get right on it.

12/28/2006 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tania Rochelle said...

By the way, Debbie, I played a Swingy doll in my first grade Christmas play. Hair, skirt, boots--I looked just like her.

12/28/2006 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm on it, T! You do look just like Swingy too! I hope you still have the boots!

12/28/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Harpy said...

Dang. Sorry I was trying to find the Amish and buy stuff from them yesterday. Shiesh. I'm writing mine now!

12/29/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Mary Campbell said...

Tania is such a teacher's pet and that doll in a bottle is really scary. I think that is why I collected bugs instead.

12/29/2006 03:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist