debbie millman

Friday, November 17, 2006

A Trend in Blaming Abusers?

Three of the last big news stories feature a common denominator: blaming an abuser for one's own bad behavior. They are:

Mark Foley blaming his his childhood priest for his bad behavior with Congressional Pages

Ted Haggard blaming "historical ghosts" for his lies and hypocrisy

Judith Regan blaming a domestic abuse experience for her desire to publish OJ Simpson's "book."

Why can't anyone own up to their bad behavior and lack of judgement?

Just because someone has had something heinous happen to them doesn't give them *any* right to do the same to anyone else.

Just once, just once I would like to hear someone say the following:

"I am sorry, I made a mistake, it is all my fault."

*sigh*
things i paint
things i photograph
design matters design matters poster designed by Firebelly
about me things i do those i thank things i like current playlist